I was assisted in this reposting and bringing in the New Year 2023 with a bottle of Barbier Louvet – Cuvee d’Ensemble Champagne Grand Cru N.V. 2021 – This is usually about $70.00 per bottle. In Chicago this was on sale for $40.00. Slight but balanced acidity. 12% alcohol. 60% Pinot Noir and 40% Chardonnay. Green apples, apricots, and pineapples is the predominance throughout its opening, sustain, and closing. Moderate effervescence. Dry – slightly sweet finish.
“We cannot allow the [reparations] Commission to be seated and wait until afterward to pressure it to do the right thing. We cannot leave the [reparations] Commission’s mandate for the content of its report open-ended. Too much is at stake. If such a Commission is created, it must be directed to produce the type of report that will lead to a comprehensive plan for reparations for Black American descendants of U.S. slavery. As HR40 currently stands, designed to give N’COBRA and NAARC a significant role in its deliberations, we face a grave risk of getting the wrong model for reparations.
As HR40 currently stands, it is the wrong legislation for this important moment. – While still wrapped in naivete, I assumed there would be a good faith effort to evaluate HR40 and revise it accordingly. I am beginning to believe it should be scrapped altogether. – The goal is Pure Reparations. The bill as currently constituted will not get us from here to there.”
Dr. William Darity Jr.
This post is for those that want me to reiterate my oughts regarding HR40 and The NAARC/N’COBRA Axis. This is it. Myself – Roslyn Mickens – and Angie Of Baltimore did a Twitter space on February 6, 2022. A second space was done on February 13, 2022 regarding: “Why We Say No To HR40?” This was sponsored by: “By The People Media.” We explained HR40 line by line with commentary and questions and answers from others in the room. Here they are:
Part I – What’s In The Bill?
Part II – Who Benefits From The Bill?
Part III – What Do Freedmen Think About This Bill?
Part IV – Why We Say #No2HR40? (1)
Part V – Why We Say #No2HR40? (2)
Part VI – Why We Say #No2HR40? (3)
Readings on this blog:
- An Open Letter to American Freedmen = https://freedmenabsolute.com/2022/04/30/an-open-letter-to-american-freedmen/
- Reparations Defined by Attorney Dr. Robert L. Brock = https://freedmenabsolute.com/2022/04/09/reparations-defined-by-attorney-dr-robert-l-brock/
- The Mascotting of Queen Mother Audley Moore = https://freedmenabsolute.com/2022/03/06/the-mascotting-of-queen-mother-audley-moore/
- The Sadducees And Pharisees Of Reparations = https://freedmenabsolute.com/2021/08/06/the-sadducees-and-pharisees-of-reparations/
- Statement Regarding Local Versus National Reparations = https://freedmenabsolute.com/2020/07/21/statement-regarding-local-versus-national-reparations/
Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976: Allowance is made for “fair use” for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair Use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use. No copyright infringement intended. ALL RIGHTS BELONG TO THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS.